Friday, May 22, 2009

30??? Really???

I have realized in the last few weeks that there is no way I can really be turning 30 years old today! I certainly don't feel that "old"! Also I remember that I was old enough to have a surprise birthday party (with my siblings) for my mom when she turned 30....Hannah won't even remember this day!!!! It has been cute when she keeps saying "it's momma's happy birthday"!
It has been a very nice day over all...even with having to work. I received early morning birthday wishes from Nate and Hannah before we all left. When I arrived at work my co-workers had left me a card and balloon at my desk. They also had a carrot cake (yummy!) and lilacs for me too. :) When I came home Hannah and I went for a walk to the local sports store. Nate met us there and I found some new running shoes which ended up being my birthday present! Here at home, Nate had a card from him and one from Hannah for me along with a bouquet of beautiful flowers! I don't think I've received so many flowers in such a short time before! Our dining room smells so wonderful right now! It's also been nice to hear from my family today...Jennie calling at 6:30 this morning, hearing Isaac and Gracie sing "Happy Birthday" at lunchtime, and then my momma calling me at work and singing a personalized version of "Happy Birthday" too. What a great day to turn 30! :)

No comments: