Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hannah and Momma Time

This weekend Hannah and I were able to spend a lot of fun time together! I woke up Saturday morning hearing Hannah saying "Hannah and Momma are going swimming in the pool today!". She was so excited to go...at 7am!! Nate had already left to go golfing, so we headed downstairs to have breakfast...waffle for her, eggs for me. Then we went to a few stores to pick up some things we needed...at WalMart we made our weekly visit to see the fish. :) They were still "sleeping" because we were there so early that the lights weren't on yet! After we were finished shopping we came home and got ready to go to her Water Babies class. It is so much fun to play in the water with her for that time each week. She just loves it so much and gets so excited about it! When we came home, she fell asleep on me for her nap. We snuggled on the chair for 2 1/2 hours while she napped. I just love when we have the chance to do that! When she woke up we headed to a "new" park, one she had never been to before. She just loved to climb on the new slides and even rode on a real swing all by herself for the first time...although she forgot to hold on and did fall off the swing one time!!!! It was so warm out that when we were finished at the park we went and got ice cream sandwiches ("pink ones"). She loved being able to eat it all by herself and didn't even get that messy!
Today we went grocery shopping together (bright and early again!) and then went to Lowes to look for tomato and other veggie plants. We were able to pick up tomatos, banana peppers, green beans, and peas to plant. We got shovels and little "diggers"...momma-size ones and Hannah-size ones! She loved having her own to use once we got home. We planted the blueberry and strawberry plants we had bought a few weeks ago before her nap and after her nap today we planted everything else except the tomatos. It was sp cute watching her push the bean and pea seeds into the ground and pat the soil over them! I'll be interested to see how our "rows" turn out once they grow! Needless to say we both ended up very dirty when all was said and done! This evening we walked down to the YMCA to watch Nate play in his basketball and then came home to finally eat dinner and relax! I am so thankful for this wonderful weekend with my little Hannah-girl!

1 comment:

The Days of Elijah said...

Fun to hear about your adventures! I love the waterbabies classes. I need to see if there's one around here.
I noticed that there are only 24 days until you're due! Wow! Getting excited?