Tuesday, June 1, 2010

He's One!

Somehow an entire year has gone by and my baby boy is ONE year old today! He is amazing and perfect and so special to us. I can't believe that he is getting so big so fast! His one year check up isn't until next week (although he was at the doctor's today b/c of a high fever) :( but he weighed almost 22lbs today!
Here are some quick "facts" about 12 month old "Lij":
*He is eating pretty much everything as long as it is small/soft enough and is still nursing ~5-7 times a day (depending on night feedings).
*He naps twice a day still, morning is pretty short but afternoon tends to be ~2-3 hours.
*He still takes one 3-4oz bottle at daycare, but that will be phased out soon (and my pumping days will be over for now!!!!).
*He (and his sister) till take up residence in our bed at nighttime! I wouldn't trade that extra snuggle time for anything!
*He is starting to take more steps, up to about 7 at a time...he does his best walking if Hannah is the one he is going to!
*He loves the water...whether it is the pool or the bath he just loves to splash around.
*His vocabulary is starting to expand some, but is mostly understandable only to us. "Dadda" is by far the most clear word with meaning behind it. He still signs "food", "drink", and "nurse", but is now making sounds for the first two and for "bink".

What an wonderful year it has been my sweet baby boy! I love you so much and I am so thankful you are ours!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Wow! Time flies so fast. I can't believe he is walking and talking already. :)