I have another 5k race under my feet! I was very excited about this race as I was going to have "home field advantage". The majority of the course was part of my normal running route so that was a huge advantage for me this time in achieving a personal best time. Nate and the kids ran in their second race today too. My first mile was 8:27 and my second was 16:23 so I was definitely on track to get a PR. I was feeling pretty good throughout too. The last mile was slightly uphill so I thought my last 1.1 miles would be a bit slower. When I came around the turn for the last part of the race I saw that the finish line was not where we were told it would be. It was about a quarter mile short! My time of 23:30 confirmed it too! I would love to think that I could run a 5k that fast, but my time would have more likely been 26:?? something...still a great time, but now I don't have my official fastest time. What a bummer...oh well...it was a fun day for us to run together!
No comments:
Post a Comment