Yesterday was my first dive into the realm of trail running, and my furthest run ever (including training). I ran in the "Run with the Deer Flies" 15k race. It was through the woods, up and down steep hills, winding back and forth, on paths mostly no wider than your two feet side by side! It was one of the craziest and most fun things I've ever done. The race started at 8am so it was relatively cool, but the weather was very wide ranging from bright sunshine to pouring down rain so hard you couldn't see people in front of you. I had hoped to finish the race averaging 10 minute miles, but ended up slightly over that. I ran the 9.3 miles in 1:58:35 despite the weather and the terrain. Today I can't believe how sore I am, but understand it is from all the side to side, balancing motions. I am really looking forward to running another race like this again!
No comments:
Post a Comment