Today I ran my second 10k race. At 8:30am we all boarded a bus that took us 6 miles out to the starting point. The race was a straight run from point A to point B along one stretch of highway. It was so hot and sunny with no shade for a reprieve! We were able to maintain a good pace for the most part, but made a mistake at the end. There was a loop that we started around the wrong way and had to back track to go the way we should. We lost some time there and unfortunately it was right near the end of the race. I ended up finishing with a time of 1:00:08...more than 4 minutes faster than my first race! I'm disappointed that I didn't finish in under an hour, but very happy with my time anyways. Nate and the kids were waiting for me at the finish line which is always the best way to end a race!
No comments:
Post a Comment