Hannah ran her longest race ever today! We went to Ridgway where the HS and JHS XC invitational was being held. They had an elementary race at the end that Hannah ran. It was 1/2 mile distance...her longest ever! We practiced last weekend and she ran the distance in just over 6 minutes without walking. She was pretty excited about running, but we weren't sure what would happen until she actually started running. The course went out a soccer field through the woods and then came back down where we could see her again. She did amazing!! She ran the whole thing and was even passing kids at the end! I was so impressed with how hard she ran the entire thing, all the way to the end of the race. She finished in 4 min 26 sec!!! I am so proud of her!!!
BTW: Nate's fired from being the picture taker though since he didn't get very many of her running! :)
| at the starting line |
| Here she comes down the hill...notice how far behind "penn state girl" she is... |
| my awesome little runner girl |
| There she goes to the finish...notice how far in front of "penn state girl" she is!!! |
| with her ribbon for finishing her race! |
1 comment:
Hannah Lee....gramma has ALWAYS been very proud of you, but I have to agree with your momma....you were amazing in that race! I wish I could have been there to watch you, like I watched your momma in Raleigh last summer. You ran an excellent race, honey. You're gonna be a super runner, just like momma!
Post a Comment