Sunday, December 2, 2012

Nittany Valley Half Marathon

 Today was my second half marathon in 28 days.  I had decided to do both as a challenge to myself and my running.  I knew going into today's race I would be just trying to beat last year's time and not walk. I was nervous about the horrendous mile+ hill at the end but I forgot how incredibly challenging the whole course was! At several points between mile 3 and 6 I was seriously considering having Nate pick me up and taking a DNF! I realized though that he was probably still driving over so I had to keep running! The weather started out cool and overcast but became sunny and high 50's by the end of the race.  Overall I was pleased with how I did.  I improved my time from last year by 13 minutes and ran the entire course...even the evil hill at the end! I finished the 13.1 in 2:00:05...just shy of being under 2 hours! I won't lie...it hurt and was hard but I am glad I did it. I told Nate to remind me next year NOT to run it but I am sure I will...to beat those 5 seconds I was over the 2 hour mark! :)

The start of the race

Mile 1-2                                               My Racing Buddy and I
                                                         after the race 
Elevation Map of the course- Pure EVIL!



Total Time:
2:00:05
 Pace: 9:09

Mile 1- 8:22     Mile 5- 9:34    Mile 9- 8:47      Mile 13- 10:11
Mile 2- 8:26     Mile 6- 9:11    Mile 10- 9:49    Mile .1- 10:06
Mile 3- 8:28     Mile 7- 9:23    Mile 11- 9:32
Mile 4- 9:08     Mile 8- 8:47    Mile 12- 9:28

No comments: