Sunday, December 30, 2012

Running Year in Review

So this is how my race schedule developed throughout 2012:
 
Races I'm Planning To Do In 2012
Feb '12- Groundhog 4 miler (ended up being H's b'day)
March '12- Run For The Troops 5k
(3rd in my age group)
March '12- Cook Forest Half Marathon
(PR 1:59:30)
May '12- Black Moshannon 10k
June '12- Punxsy Phil Fighters 5k
(PR 25:34)
June '12- Royal 5k
(2nd in my age group-PR 25:32)
June '12- Strawberry Fest 5k
(1st in my age group)
June '12- Raleigh's Finest 5k
(my momma and bro saw me run!)
July '12- Groundhog Festival 5k (ran in Raleigh instead)
July '12- Curwensville 10k (not running b/c marathon training)
July '12- Run With The Deer Flies 15k Trail Run (ditto)
Aug '12- YMCA Fun 5k
(2nd in my age group-PR 25:20)
Sept '12- Erie Marathon (see this post)
Oct '12- Pumpkin Run 5k
(PR-24:50)
Oct '12- Punxsy or Buffalo Creek Half Marathon
Nov '12- Ridgway Half Marathon
(1st in my age group and a PR 1:58:37)
Nov '12- Bison Stampede 5k
Dec '12- Nittany Valley Half Marathon
(course PR by more than 13min! 2:00:50)
Dec '12- Resolution 5k

(BOLD=new race to schedule)
 
I ran TWELVE races:  3 half marathons, 1 10k, and 8 5k's.  I had two 1st place finishes, two 2nd place finishes, and one 3rd place finish.  I had the honor of having my brother, momma, and twin sister (and her family) all get to see me run a race this year!   I ended up far exceeding my goal of 1000 miles with a final total of 1177.  In some ways I feel like this was a once in a lifetime year for me.  I was able to continually improve throughout the year.  I would love to even come close to thie years results next year! Be looking for my 2013 Running Goals post in the near future!

No comments: