Sunday, September 21, 2008

One Down...5 to Go

We made it through the first week of our six crazy ones! Hannah did so well. She has adjusted to Nate taking her to daycare without skipping a beat. I think Nate and I are having the tougher times. I am sad that I can't take her in the mornings anymore (although I still get to pick her up at lunchtime!). Nate is now having to get up earlier (he is NOT a morning person) so that he can get her ready and there on time. Hannah has been waking up before I leave in the morning which is nice in that I can see her and she can see me before I go, but a couple days she woke up before I was ready which made getting finished a little more difficult! Wednesday was the only day that I didn't have an event at the school and it was so nice to see what a "normal" day will be like in a few months. Getting home just after 4 and being able to go for a walk and get dinner ready all before Nate got home was wonderful! I think I will still miss the afternoons off before events, but being able to be home at night will be all worth it. The office work isn't as mundane as I thought it would be either. I am still interacting with patients a lot, just in a different way. I was so tired after working over 50 hours this week that I actually took a nap when Hannah did and really slept! I haven't slept during the day in years! I am just praying for the strength to get through the next five weeks and that Hannah continues to do okay without me being home as much!

No comments: