Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trick-or-Treat

Okay so I've always had this dilemma about going trick-or-treating. In my family growing up it wasn't an option. We didn't "celebrate" Halloween. Last year we didn't go just beause Hannah was so little it didn't make any sense to spend money on a costume just to drive around and collect candy she couldn't eat. This year we werent going to go either, but at the last minute (actually at lunchtime today) I realized that she was big enough this year to eat the candy and maybe understand a little of what was going on. I called Nate and we decided that we would go...but we needed a costume. Hannah and I went to four stores after I was finished work and finally found her a "bee dress". Of course once we got home she didn't want anything to do with it, but eventually she did get it on. She started to say "all done" once she discovered the wings on the back, but she did leave it on all evening for everyone to see. :) Here's some pictures of her all dressed up :).

1 comment:

HB said...

We have often had the debate too. We did grow up trick-or-treating, but as an adult, we wonder if our kids should. The two years we felt Isaiah was too young (4 months, then 16 months). In his two year old preschool class, they walked across to some businesses to go trick or treating during their class, and it was pretty fun. This year we took Isaiah and Sam (dressed up) to the zoo's trick or treating day. It was fun too, and I tried to divert Isaiah's attention from the scary stuff, like the bone graveyard. Ew! Tonight we're planning on going over to a local church that is having trunk-or-treating in their parking lot. I have some piano kids that I teach whose family is Reformed Presbyterian - super conservative - they don't even wear long earrings! And they are letting their kids go trick or treating, so I figured if it's ok with them, it's ok with me!! =)