Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's Racing Day!

Today I completed my first 10K race ever! I have a lot of mixed feelins about it...it was awesome, fun, exciting but at the same time it was hard, disappointing, and nerve-racking! :) Looking back, I would have done a few things differently had I been on the course before, but all in all I am quite happy with the result. The course was much more difficult than I imagined and it ended up being a lot more humid and warm than expected. The first mile we did in 9:05 (VERY fast!) which set us up poorly for the hill from h***! I missed the 2 mile time, but had lost ground at the 3 mile mark with a 33:?? time. I made up ground at the 4 mile mark with a time of 42:50, but was slowed down with another hill. At mile 5 my time was 54:?? I pushed myself through to mile 6 and was at 62:?? minutes and ended up finishing at an official time of 1:04:18 (64min). I had hoped to finish in closer to a 10 minute mile pace which would have been 2 minutes faster, but for my first race I can't be too disappointed. I finished in under 65 minutes which was my realitic goal. I did something that I've never done before, but definitely plan to do again! Next year that hill is mine! :)

1 comment:

Marcie said...

YAY!!!! Great Job Jess!!! :) Love the pictures. Can't wait to hear about more running adventures! :)