Sunday, May 2, 2010

Let The Training Begin!

Four weeks from yesterday, on May 29th, I will be running my first 10K race ever...and my first race of any kind since high school! That's 6.2 miles!!! I haven't ran that far maybe ever! My max is usually around 3-3.5 miles...even while I was in the Biggest Loser competition at work earlier in the year. My friend Kelly asked me on Thursday if I would be interested in running the race with her so I began my training yesterday. I had taken a few weeks off from running since the competition ended so running four miles yesterday was HARD! Being that it was in the 80's didn't help either. The training schedule isn't too bad so I think once I get past these first few days I'll be okay. I'm excited. and nervous all at the same time. My early goal is to finish the race without walking...maybe I'll be able to put a time to that before race day arrives!

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Are you running it just for fun or are you raising money for something? What a good way to get more exercise! I wish I had the motivation to do something like that! :) I am sure you will have tons of fun.

Jessica said...

just motivation. I did really good running when I was in the competition, but have been a total slacker the last few weeks. since I eat so healthy I can maintain my weight w/o exercise I don't need to run. I've always wanted to run a longer race, ie: a 5K, but kinda skipped that one and went right to the 10K!!

Marcie said...

That's just great! :) I can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

Kelly said...

I wish you were nearby. I keep thinking I should start running but it seems so daunting to me. Good luck!