Thursday, September 1, 2011

DIY Projects

This week I had the "brilliant" idea to start projects with the kids. Our first endeavor was homemade playdough. It was a recipe that my home ec teacher had given us when I was in junior high school. The kids thought it was great! They helped pour and stir the ingredients, but had the most fun playing with it after.


Our next project was making dump/garbage trucks out of egg cartons. This was perfect for Elijah with his current garbage truck obsession. It was slightly labor intensive for me and A LOT of imagination needs to be involved, but they loved coloring them and have them on their dressers still.


Our last project before my return to work was homemade finger paint. There were many recipes to choose from, but I used one that had ingredients that I already had. Those ingredients were food coloring and corn syrup, so needless to say it was a sticky project. The website said that the pictures would still dry, but we didn't find that to be true so I just took pictures of their creations. Hannah made a slide and Elijah made a monster. :)

1 comment:

Marcie Sullivan said...

LOVE the dump truck project... The paci in Elijah's truck made me laugh!
And who the heck invents finger paints made out of corn syrup? :) You are brave Momma!