Saturday, November 17, 2012

Given Up

This is the last picture I have of my best boy with his bink!  It was taken on October 27th and he pretty much gave it up on his own right around that time.  We were running on the low side of our bink count and I had actually just bought him new ones two times in a row (the last time the first week of November) because his binks kept getting holes in them.  I never quite determined if it was Elijah or Bellah or a combination of both who were biting them that much!  He fell asleep a few nights in a row without his bink and then started not asking for them at naptime either. He has done so good!! I did find a bink that didn't have a hole in it and put it on our shelf by the computer.  When he saw it he said "I don't think that bink has a hole, can I have it?". I laughed and told him he was a big boy now and didn't need it anymore and he was okay with it!  For weeks he kept telling me that he wanted a "Magic Tap" so he could get his own drink, so we got him that as his reward for being such a big boy!  I never thought it would be so easy to have him stop using his bink, but I am so proud of him. :)

No comments: