Today I ran the fastest-longest run of my life! I ran a PR in the Ridgway 1/2 Marathon and finished 1st in my age group! The day started out a little hairy... I arrived at the race site 10 minutes before the start of the race! Thankfully the parking, registration, bathroom(!), and start line were within a block of each other. It was pretty cold...the temp was in the 30's and it was spitting snow off and on...but to me it was perfect for running 13.1 miles. I started off with a decently fast pace, and was feeling good. I had a slow middle mile and my last two, but still my pace was way faster than my normal long runs. I drank one bottle of water and ate one Honey Stinger about halfway. Nate and the kids weren't able to be at the race finish, but maybe that's my subconcious push to a PR. I am so happy with how I ran and look forward to the NV 1/2 in 28 days!
Total Time: 1:58:37 Pace: 9:03
1st place in 30-39 age group
14/39 place among female finishers 34/67 place among all runners
Mile 1- 8:49 Mile 5- 8:56 Mile 9- 9:04 Mile 13- 9:04
Mile 2- 8:57 Mile 6- 8:59 Mile 10- 9:06 Mile .1- 9:02
Mile 3- 8:55 Mile 7- 9:13 Mile 11- 9:16
Mile 4- 9:02 Mile 8- 9:08 Mile 12- 9:14

2 comments:
Wow! Somehow I just read this. First in your age group?! That's great!!
thanks! I was kind of shocked too. I know there could have been others in my age group who ran it faster, but they didn't run that race! :) I'll take it!
Post a Comment