Friday, June 27, 2008

Too Close To Home

I never thought something like this would literally happen so close to home. Yesterday morning we woke up a little later than usual which I believe was a blessing. When I went past our front door I looked across the street and saw yellow police tape and several police cars around the church across the road from us. I heard a siren close by, which I now know was an ambulance leaving the church. One man entered the church and shot another man because of an affair...atleast that is what the police have said. The shooter then led the police on an 8 hour chase and in the end shot himself as well...indicating beforehand that he made a bad mistake. NO KIDDING! Anyways, today we learned that they both died...how sad and awful that one person could do something so horrible that will now disrupt two families and a community! That it happened so close to where we live is so scary too. We have always felt like we were in a nice small town where things like this shouldn't happen...I guess we were wrong.

1 comment:

HB said...

There's no doubt that God protected you! Thank goodness for that!