Saturday, August 6, 2011

5k Fun

I made my return to running nine days after Keilah was born, although it has been a slow return! I started out with just a half mile of running at a v-e-r-y slow pace but have built myself up to about 3.5 miles at my old pace (under 10min miles).  Today was my first race since the half marathon in October. I was nervous and excited at the same time, but had set reasonable goals for the race. For every race I have ran I have set a small goal and a big goal. Yesterday my small goal was to run the entire race without walking...and that I did! My big goal was to finish in under 10min miles for the race, which I did! My time was 29:02 (unofficially) which was an average of 9:27min/mile!!! I was very happy with what I accomplished just eight weeks after having a baby.
The most awesome part of the morning was that Hannah was able to run her first race! There was a 50 yard dash for Hannah's age group. She was excited about racing up until it was about to begin...then her shy-bug came out and she didn't want to do it. She did end up running the race which we were so proud of her doing. Of course our camera wasn't working right and Nate didn't save the video on his phone, but we were able to get some pictures after both of our races. It was such a fun morning of running!

 

No comments: