Thursday, August 4, 2011

Just One

Since Keilah's birth I have taught Hannah and Elijah a key phrase that has been so helpful. Whenever one or the other would ask me to do something and I was already doing another thing I would say "I'm just one momma and I can only do one thing". It's been great as they've learned it too! Now if they ask and I'm busy I all I have to say is "I'm just..." and they say "one momma". Then I say "and I can only do..." and they say "one thing". They now realize that they will get their need addressed as soon as I am finished what I am doing and it gives me the time to finish what I am working on.

1 comment:

HB said...

You are a very wise momma! It's not going to kill kids to wait a few minutes (or even hours sometimes!) until they get to do whatever they want to do or get you to help them with whatever. Otherwise us mommas are running around making ourselves crazy while trying to keep everyone else happy instantly! We all need to learn patience in life!