This morning was the 1st Annual Run For The Troops 5k. After two weeks of awesome, sunny, warm weather, this morning was much cooler and RAINY. Nate decided to stay home with the kids while I ran because of the weather, but knowing the course he told me to run the one hill as hard as I could because that would be my advantage. I started out fast, but felt great through the entire race and pushed through the hill like Nate said. I was set for a 5k PR, but unfortunately the course was measured short. My Garmin put the distance at 2.61, about 1/2 a mile short. I averaged an 8:00 min/mile pace!!!! My estimated finish for a 5k would have been about 24:55 so definitely a PR. I ended up finishing 3rd in my age group!!! Yay!!! That hasn't happened before. :) :) :) I was very happy with how I did and I am hoping to stay injury free and keep improving from here.
T-minus one week until 1/2 marathon #3!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment