Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patty's Day Dozen

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Today was a scheduled 12 mile run...my last long one before the half (that I have yet to register for!).  It was much harder to get going this morning because of the time change than last week, but the warmer weather made it a little better!  I used my normal loop for this run again...it allows me to pass our house so that I can pick up my water and GU pack without having to carry them.  I ended up taking a pee stop my first time around on the side of our van the first time through!  I felt really good running...some foot and leg soreness around mile 10, but was able to maintain a fairly even pace throughout.  I tried to finish each mile between 9:30 and 9:40 until the last few when I was below 9:30.  I ended up running 12.35 miles in 1:57:21 (9:30min/mile pace).  Way better than any run of this distance...and I felt like I could have done more!  Hopefully I can feel close to this way on March 31st!

On a St. Patrick's Day note...Keilah was my only willing photo participant.  They all looked so cute with their shamrock shirts but alas she is the only proof!

No comments: