Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekend Madness

What a crazy few days it has been in our household.  It began on Thursday when the stomach bug hit our house.  Elijah started before I got home from work and continued until bedtime.  I was feeling fine so after Nate got home I went for my 3.5 mile run.  Not five minutes after I got home Hannah started throwing up until bedtime.  I ate cereal for dinner and it was a good thing because before bed it was my turn!  Nate held out until Friday, but with the 3-on-3 basketball tournament on Saturday we had a lot to do Friday.  So in our not feeling well state we spent Friday getting everything ready.  Saturday was spent at the high school all day.  The kids did great being there from 7:30ish until almost 3! They had fun watching the games and being with us.  My training schedule had me running 10 miles this weekend (usually I do my long runs on Saturdays), but with the sickness and busy-ness of Saturday I set out with a smaller set of goals today.  I hoped to do seven miles, but was going to be happy with five.  I ended up feeling not too bad and managed to run 8.25 in 1:17 (9:22 pace)!!! Next weekend bring on the 10!

No comments: