Sunday, August 26, 2012

First For Me!

I was nominated for a blog "award" by Allyson...a first for me!! The award gives me the chance to answer questions about myself.  So... here it goes:

1. What is the oldest piece of clothing in your wardrobe (that you actually wear)?
I think this would be a pair of Adidas basketball shorts I remember wearing in high school phys ed class! They are now one of the last pairs I will wear, but I just can't get rid of them!

2. What is your favorite drink?
Water and coffee...do those count?  My kids know that the first thing I have to do when I go downstairs in the morning is make my coffee.  Once it is brewing I can move on with the morning. :) After that I rarely drink anything but water. :)

3. What's your favorite race distance?
This is a hard one to anwer.  I love a 5k race because I feel like I can really push myself as far as speed is concerned.  I can fine out how "fast" I really can be!  Half marathons are awesome because I feel like it is more of a challenge to myself in distance.  Plus it's something that not a lot of people have done!

4. If you could give your teenage self just one piece of advice, what would it be?
Realize that my parents would be right in so many things! 

5. What did you study/major in college?
Athletic training with a minor in Bible...strange combination I know.  Looking back I wish I had double majored with phys ed though!

6. Cilantro - love or hate?
Love- if it is cooked or in salsa.

7. Brandon or Dylan? (Inspired by the Old Navy commercials)
Yeah I have no idea on this one...I guess I don't watch enough TV!

8. Have you ever run a relay? If yes, which one? If no, why not?
Not since high school! There are not any around here that I know of...plus not sure if that is something I would really enjoy. Probably would depend on who I was running it with!

9. How did you celebrate your 21st birthday?
I arrived on my birthday in the Czech Republic on a missions trip with the Houghton College basketball teams. We had ice cream at dinner to celebrate.  The best was someone who was a stranger to me at the time, but has become a friend found a way for me to talk to my twin sister!  It was the first birthday I had spent apart from her and the phone call Lenka orchestrated meant the world to us! 

10. What movie(s) could you watch over and over again?
Number one has to be "Newsies"...my siblings and I watched it every day for an entire summer.  It's by far one of my favorites still.  I love "The Phantom of the Opera" (newer version) as well...again a definite favorite! Alas, I have not watched either in years!

11. How often do you update your blog?
I TRY to each weekend, but often I go through blog binges where I will back post everything I had wanted to blog about, but didn't have time to! (notice the multiple posts that appeared today!)  Hey it's my blog I can do what I want right? :)

I know that I am supposed to pass this on, but that would require more time than I have right now! Hope you enjoyed learning more about me!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I LIKE JENNIFER'S COMMENT. IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL ANY BETTER, I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS, EITHER. GUESS I WAS JUST TOO OLD TO WATCH WHEN IT WAS ON! MORE FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATION I HAVEN'T SEEN THE COMMERCIAL YET AND I THOUGH "DYLLAN" REFERED TO THE SINGER AND I WASN'T SURE WHO BRANDON WAS. DOES JENNIFER HAVE A BLOG OR SOMETHING I CAN KEEP IN TOUCH/UP TO DATE WITH HER SOME HOW?