Friday, August 31, 2012

Hannah's Kindergarten Week

I cannot believe that this week/day has arrived.  I didn't think it would bother me so much that my baby was going to kindergarten, but it is hard! She has been going to daycare since she was 12 weeks old, but there is something so much more significant about kindergarten.  I have been able to spend lunchtime every day for the last five years with her...now we won't have that time together.  It breaks my heart.  She is my helper and buddy and I  have missed her so much the two days she was at school.  She is so excited and absolutely loves it so I am so happy about that!
On Tuesday she went to her kindergarten introduction.  She went for just the afternoon with half of her class.  She was so excited to ride the bus for the first time with her friends from play-with-the-kids.  Nate and I were both able to be there to watch her.  It was so nice, but I definitely cried on the way home since it was the first time without my baby girl!


 
On Friday it was her turn to go to school for a full day (with half of her class again).  This was her first all day experience and she did great.  We packed her lunch the night before (PB&J on circle bread, cucumbers w/ranch, strawberries, and prezel fishies) and had her clothes picked out for about a week before! I took time off of work to be able to see her get on the bus and pick her up after school.  I could tell that she was tired after her first day.  She had so much fun though and she is ready to go back on Tuesday!






No comments: