Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Cookies!

Today after church, Hannah and I made Christmas cookies! It was such a good time together. I had hoped to make all homemade cookies and icing, but decided to take the easy way out . We made the sugar cookie dough first, she helped to mix, roll, and cut out the cookies. We also made gingerbread men. She had fun using the leftover dough to make her own creations. She spent a long time while I was cleaning up just rolling out that dough and cutting it out again. After the cookies were all baked, she had so much fun decorating them all. We made stockings, Christmas trees, candycanes, and the gingerbread men. Through all the decorating, I think she ate about an entire tube of icing! I would be working on a cookie and would look over and she would be sucking down the icing!! She would go back to decorating, but the next time I looked she had the tube in her mouth again! Oi. Anyways it was great Momma-Hannah time this afternoon!
Stirring the dough

Eating the icing!

Some of the finished cookies!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Aww...Looks like you girls had a great time! What a great way to make some memories. (I love the earrings)

Marcie said...

LOVE the new picture!!! Can't wait to see all of them! :)