I was supposed to work tomorrow morning in the clinic, but a coworker who needed the overtime money asked if she could work instead. I didn't mind at all letting her work and having a Saturday off! So instead of a low key evening at home we headed to State College!
First we went to Target and did a little shopping there. It's the only place I can find the kind of coffee I drink- Folgers Gourmet Supreme or Black Silk. It's not anything special, but it's not carried in any of the stores here. Anyways I was able to stock up on a few of those which is a good thing. I found a cute "I ♥ Cheerios" t-shirt for Elijah. Hannah picked out a pair of basketball slippers!
We decided to eat dinner at Wegman's since we wanted to do some shopping there and it is "kid friendly". I had veggie sushi (yum!), Nate picked out a steak burrito, and the kids shared mac & cheese and chicken pot pie. Hannah also had carrots, cucumbers, and strawberries. Elijah ate sooooo much! He was putting 3 or 4 pieces in his mouth at one time! I just love shopping at Wegman's...there are so many different things there that we don't have. I bought quinoa for the first time (Mari-I'll need a recipe or two!) whle we were there!
Our last stop was Dick's Sporting Goods. We found some really good deals! Anything that ended with ".93" in the price was half off. Nate got some Nike basketball shorts and Hannah got a really cute basketball long sleeve t-shirt for ~$7 each! I got a Nike visor for $.02!! Really! It should have been ~$7 based on the price tag, but the cashier said it must have been put in the computer wrong. :) We also ended up with another basketball hoop and a ball & glove set for Hannah.
It was a very fun, spur of the moment evening that I'm glad we were able to enjoy together!
3 comments:
Yum! I had to throw out a container of quinoa when we moved. :(
I actually never followed a recipe. Mostly I had it in the morning for breakfast and would cook it ahead of time and then reheat it with chopped up banana, strawberry, apple or peach in it. The fruit would get soft and flavor up the quinoa. I've also done it with basil, mozz cheese and cherry tomatoes with a splash of EVOO. :)
Alright, I am going to have to find a place to get some now!!! Thanks a lot!
oooh thanks for the ideas :) you would freeze it too right? do you kknow the ~calorie/serving? serving size? I bought mine in the bulk bin so none of that info was provided!
yup, I'd freeze the uncooked quinoa and also freeze it after I cooked it if I wasn't sure I'd eat it all right away. The uncooked can stay in the freezer a LONG time though.
I am not sure of the nutritional information, I would always look online to find that when I was curious.
Make sure you rinse it very well before you cook it or it can have a bitter/off taste. :)
Post a Comment