I have to admit that I have been an Olympics "junkie" the last 2 weeks. Although I haven't been able to stay up as late as some people, I have enjoyed being able to turn it on almost any time of day and night! It is so exciting to see people at the height of their athletic careers, achieving something most of us can't even imagine! I still remember watching Michael Johnson win gold in the 200m and 400m races in 1996. I was so anxious to see him race that my parents let me bring our small TV to Delta Lake while we camped just so I could watch him! I am sure that the memories of Michael Phelps' incredible achievement will remain just as long! As we are watching the closing ceremonies I am a little sad to see the Olympics end, but I am glad to get back to normal sleep!Sunday, August 24, 2008
Coming to a Close
I have to admit that I have been an Olympics "junkie" the last 2 weeks. Although I haven't been able to stay up as late as some people, I have enjoyed being able to turn it on almost any time of day and night! It is so exciting to see people at the height of their athletic careers, achieving something most of us can't even imagine! I still remember watching Michael Johnson win gold in the 200m and 400m races in 1996. I was so anxious to see him race that my parents let me bring our small TV to Delta Lake while we camped just so I could watch him! I am sure that the memories of Michael Phelps' incredible achievement will remain just as long! As we are watching the closing ceremonies I am a little sad to see the Olympics end, but I am glad to get back to normal sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment