Last night one of my worst fears became a reality. Hannah and I had decided to go to bed early and I was in that stage between awake and sleeping. Suddenly, from downstairs, I heard things hitting the floor and Nate hollering in a way I had never heard before! I ran to our bedroom door, thinking he was having a heart attack or was hurt. I called to him to see what was wrong and he yelled back that I needed to stay upstairs and shut the door. I just trying to figure out what was wrong with him because he was acting so strange. I really thought he was having a problem! As I listened from my perch in our doorway (with the door closed-thank goodness I am an obedient wife!) I could tell "something" was downstairs with Nate. I was praying that it would be a mouse, but I "knew" it had to be a bat! For about five minutes, which at that time seemed like forever, I could hear Nate hollering and things banging around. I finally could tell that Nate had "got" the bat. Hearing him recall the tale was so funny after the fact. He ended up using a tray that would be used for breakfast-in-bed to whack it from the air. Come to find out big, bad Nate was terrible afraid of the bat, but was able to get the job done. He was so afraid to leave our room after he came in though. He was sure that there would be another one! (I have to admit I was concerned about that fact too!) Anyways he claims that we will now be sealing our house up as "secure as Fort Knox" in his words! We were up for almost 2 hours afterwards going between serious talk about the bat situation and laughing till we were in tears. All the while Hannah slept through everything. It was quite a night, one that I hope will never happen again!Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Something From Nightmares!
Last night one of my worst fears became a reality. Hannah and I had decided to go to bed early and I was in that stage between awake and sleeping. Suddenly, from downstairs, I heard things hitting the floor and Nate hollering in a way I had never heard before! I ran to our bedroom door, thinking he was having a heart attack or was hurt. I called to him to see what was wrong and he yelled back that I needed to stay upstairs and shut the door. I just trying to figure out what was wrong with him because he was acting so strange. I really thought he was having a problem! As I listened from my perch in our doorway (with the door closed-thank goodness I am an obedient wife!) I could tell "something" was downstairs with Nate. I was praying that it would be a mouse, but I "knew" it had to be a bat! For about five minutes, which at that time seemed like forever, I could hear Nate hollering and things banging around. I finally could tell that Nate had "got" the bat. Hearing him recall the tale was so funny after the fact. He ended up using a tray that would be used for breakfast-in-bed to whack it from the air. Come to find out big, bad Nate was terrible afraid of the bat, but was able to get the job done. He was so afraid to leave our room after he came in though. He was sure that there would be another one! (I have to admit I was concerned about that fact too!) Anyways he claims that we will now be sealing our house up as "secure as Fort Knox" in his words! We were up for almost 2 hours afterwards going between serious talk about the bat situation and laughing till we were in tears. All the while Hannah slept through everything. It was quite a night, one that I hope will never happen again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This story made me laugh so hard. I wold love to hear Nate's version! I remember once at Charity's cabin at camp, a bat got into the upstairs. Her dad was flinging everything possible at it while we squealed and screamed like only middle school girls can. He ended up killing it with a tennis racket.
Maybe moths won't be so scary now... =)
Absolutely hilarious. :)
Post a Comment