I guess it is pretty much official. After May 2009, I will no longer be a full time athletic trainer. I am filled with mixed emotions. I love what I do being an athletic trainer, working with the kids at the school and my patients in the clinic. Within the next few weeks I will be shifting from a clinical role to an office job. I have to admit that moving to a "sit down, desk job" is not my ideal choice, but for our family it is a choice I had to make. After this school year is over (I have to continue with my athletic training duties till then) I will have a normal schedule, only covering events for other athletic trainers on an as needed basis. I'm not sure what I will do with myself having a set schedule for the first time ever in my working life! It will be wonderful to not have to stress about who will watch Hannah when Nate and I both are at events. I will be able to be home every night to tuck my baby into bed! Although we are going to have to deal with a drastic pay cut and I will be working 50-70 hours a week for the next few months, it will be all worth it in the end! This is an opportunity that I am so grateful has come!
No comments:
Post a Comment