Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Really Wet!

After Nate got home from football practice today we decided to go for a walk to rent a movie. Hannah and I were running/walking while Nate pushed Elijah in the jogging stroller. We were about 4 or 5 blocks away from our house when I turned back to say something to Nate. I could see through the trees that the sky was black with rain clouds. We decided to continue on and "beat the rain". I ran pushing Elijah in the stroller while Nate carried Hannah. We made it to the movie store, grabbed our movie, and headed home the same way. About 6 blocks from our house the first thunder rumbled in the distance and then a tiny little sprinkle came down. Then suddenly it just started pouring! Poor Elijah was laying face up in the stroller and was getting all the rain right in his face! I grabbed him quickly and ended up carrying him in my arms which was less scary for him. He just had no idea what was going on! Hannah wasn't too happy either...she is so afraid of thunderstorms right now and the rain was so hard and so much that it kind of freaked her out even more! Once we all got inside it was sort of comical because we were all standing in the dining room just dripping everywhere! I wish we could have gotten a picture, but of course Elijah started crying again cause he hates being wet when he's not in the bath and Hannah was crying cause of the thunder. Oh well, it is a memory I will always have!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Sounds like fun! It's too bad you couldn't get a picture, that definitely would've been one for the scrapbooks. Just glad you guys made it home ok. :)