So in my quest to complete the half marathon in two weeks, today was the dreaded twelve mile run. I definitely did not feel as prepared as the last time I ran twelve miles during training. I am following a different program, which fit into my time frame better, but I don't think it has allowed me to adapt to the increased mileage as well. I started out great...through 10 miles I as running about a 9:45 mile...but then the last two miles did me in! I struggled through them...I didn't even want to finish, but I did...ending up with a 10:04 min average per mile. Not terrible, but not where I would have liked to be. Soooooo....I'm still undecided about the half. I would love to do it, even if my time wasn't the best, but there are so many variables. If it wasn't an hour from home it would be so much better. With the time to travel, the time to race, and then the time getting home it would be a lot to be away from the kids on a weekend day. I hate to give up that time with them, and with Keilah still nursing it would be hard too. *sigh* It would be awesome to run it though! :)
On a similar note...here's my new (hopefully for Christmas!) running shoe :

It's the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12...I wore the GTS 10's for my first half marathon and have been wearing the GTS 11's since they came out in the spring. Love them!!!
On a similar note...here's my new (hopefully for Christmas!) running shoe :

It's the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12...I wore the GTS 10's for my first half marathon and have been wearing the GTS 11's since they came out in the spring. Love them!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment