A few weeks ago I decided that I was going to take a mental health day for myself and the kids! I hadn't taken a day off since returning to work and it was much needed! I honestly think Hannah was the most excited by it! We started out by sleeping in (7am for me is two hours after I normally wake up!) ...waking up all snuggled together in the big bed. :) While I was making breakfast they began playing on the floor together...Elijah was the doctor.
After breakfast they played for a while, but as soon as Keilah fell asleep for her nap it was "project" time! They have so much fun and get so excited about the things I have found for them to do. We first made monster boxes.
Then we made "thankful turkeys". We used garden rotini pasta for the feathers and then they told me what things they were thankful for. They loved the glueing parts of both projects. :)
...and little Keilah just slept and hung out so they could do their projects.
We had so much fun just hanging out all day together. We met Nate at the school at dinner time so they could eat with him and I could go running. And the best part...my new nephew, Caleb Francis, was born to my twin sister! What a great day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment