This thanksgiving involved a lot of "firsts". It was Keilah's first Thanksgiving (last year we announced our pregnancy to the Facebook world on Thanksgiving). I can't believe how just last year I was pregnant and this year she is so big and doing so many things! Today was also my first Turkey Trot. I've wanted to run a Thanksgiving day race for years, even before I really started running, and today I did! It was also my fastest 5k time ever! I ran a 26:51 which averaged out to an 8:36 min/mile! Another first was that it was the first time in years that we haven't celebrated Christmas on Thanksgiving. Usually we spend the day at Nate's parents and "do" Christmas with his extended family since his brother is home, but this year they are coming over Christmas and we are staying home so Thanksgiving was Thankgiving. :)
After the race and going to the in-laws, we came home and Hannah and I decorated for Christmas. She is so excited this year for it. We had such a fun day as a family, something I am very thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment