Friday, April 18, 2008

Trust

It has been soooooo nice the last few days to finally get outside in the evenings. Even though Nate has been a little "gimpy" because of his knee, we have managed to go outside and play with Hannah! Last night we even were able to go to the park across the street so that she could play on the equipment there. I realized that she is a lot braver than I expected! She was climbing on everything and had no fear of falling off, which she would have had we not been on either side ready to catch her. It just amazes me how brave, naiive, trusting, etc. children Hannah's age are. They have not learned that they can fall off of things. They just do what they want and, as stupid as it would seem, trust us to be there to catch them. I can only hope that by being there to catch her now will teach her that I will always be around to catch her and she can continue to trust me and Nate as she gets older!

1 comment:

Fran said...

That's definitely the hope of every parent isn't it? And also that when we can't be there, God always is!