I received a call at work this morning from Hannah and Elijah's daycare...probably only 20 minutes after Nate had dropped them off. Anyways, one of the supervisors was calling to let me know that Hannah and her friend Carter were playing "chase" and crashed into each other. Hannah took the brunt of the hit, getting two bloody, swollen lips! :( They said she wasn't bleeding or crying anymore, but I still left work to check on her. When I got there her class was in the cafeteria for breakfast. She was just sitting there with a cloth on her mouth. As soon as she saw me she flew into my arms and started sobbing! It was so sad...I started crying too. :( I hugged and held her for about fifteen minutes and went with her back to her room. I had to go back to work, but Nate was able to get coverage for his morning classes and picked her and Elijah up early so that she didn't have to stay. She didn't eat anything for breakfast or lunch and would hardly take a drink either. She wouldn't even suck her thumb when I was home with them during my lunch break...poor baby. When I came home after work the swelling was down a lot and she has eaten more and even been sucking her thumb. This is what she looked like when Nate brought her to me at lunchtime. Very sad, but reminds me of Will Smith in "Hitch". :)
No comments:
Post a Comment