Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cheeseburger Pizza

Last night I was looking to make something a little different for dinner. I had thawed out pizza dough and ground beef AND Nate had wanted burgers the night before so I decided to try to make "cheeseburger pizza".
Here's the ingredients I gathered together:
I mixed the ketchup, mustard, and salad dressing to create the pizza "sauce".
I then chopped the onion (and my "hidden" carrots) and cooked both with the ground beef, and a little salt, pepper, and garlic.
I then spread dough out on a pizza stone and added the sauce and meat mixture to the top...
and then came the cheese!
The finished product doesn't look much different because of the kind of cheese I use, but it was really good!
The only change I will need to make another time is the sauce. Nate doesn't really like ketchup on his burgers (something I didn't realize before). I'm not quite sure how to change it and keep it like a cheeseburger...any ideas???

No comments: