Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday, My Hannah

My Princess Peanut turned three years old today! Where has the time gone? The memories from her birth-day are so vivid that it doesn't seem like it could be that long ago. She has grown from a baby to a little girl in so many ways this year. Her favorite things right now are babies, the princesses, Olivia, Ni Hao KaiLan, and her dollhouse. She loves to be read to and watch me cook anything! She loves to play chase with her Dadda and snuggle on the couch with him to watch basketball and football. She adores Elijah and loves to do anything to take care of him. She can write "H" for Hannah and is working really hard at going to the potty. She loves her taggie and her blanket-blanket, but always askes to rub my arm while we are snuggling. She still falls asleep with me in our bed (I have an early bedtime!), but usually sleeps the rest of the night in her own bed. I'll miss when those times are over.
Today was a special day-I was able to be off of work which was wonderful! Hannah, Elijah, and I slept in (yay!). Hannah and I woke up first and she wanted pancakes for breakfast. I made her pink pancakes with pink heart sprinkles. She thought they were great!
It was so funny though cause all day I tried to sing "Happy Birthday" and she kept telling me that I couldn't sing it until we had her cake! The three of us went to her doctor's appointment. She was 35lbs and 37 5/8 inches tall. After her appointment we went to the school and had lunch with Dadda. It was nice for all of us to see each other. We then came home and snuggled in for a rest.
The three of us went out to dinner at Old Town Road, which was only slightly dysfunctional. :) Then we went to the school again while Nate referreed a basketball game. When we came home it was present time!! We gave her a princess shirt, socks, princess stickers, a Ni Hao KaiLan book (she got soooooo excited!) and a new baby.

Then it was cake time! She got very shy whenever we sang "Happy Birthday" to her, but blew out her candles well, and loved that we were finally eating her cake. Now we are snuggling in our favorite spot on the couch...there's no other place I'd rather be!

Happy Birthday my baby girl! I love you!

1 comment:

HB said...

I can't believe Hannah is 3 either! It looks like she had a great birthday!!