Today marked the halfway point of our weight loss competition at work. We (the girls) started the competition as a way to "jump start" all of our weight loss and have some accountability. I still had a significant amount of my pregnancy weight to lose, plus a few extra for good measure. I have been really focused on watching what things I am eating, adding a significant amount of vegetables to my meals, but still allowing myself to indulge in the things I really enjoy (ie: DON'T ask me to not have my morning coffee with creamer in it!). I have also gotten back into running again. It is so much harder now with two kids to find a time when I can actually get on the treadmill without interruption, but I've still been able to with the help of my hubby. Nate and I were given a Wii for Christmas and then we bought the WiiFit part so that has been another "exercise" I've been able to do. (I also have Jillian's "Shred", but haven't worked up the courage to try it!)
All that said, at each weigh-in I have been able to slowly see the results of my hard work. As of today I have lost 15lbs (!) which puts me at my pre-pregnancy weight. Yay! I still wouldn't mind losing a few of those extra pounds, but I am so happy to have reached my first goal! Now..the hard part...maintaining this till the end of our competition so hopefully I can win the money in addition to my healthier body! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment