Sunday, June 10, 2012

Royal 5k

This morning I ran the Royal 5k.  I have a love/hate relationship with races that are more "local".  It's so nice to not have a long drive and to worry about what Nate and the kids will be doing while I race, but there's a lot more people I know that makes me nervous.  The race didn't start until 10am and it was so hot already.  I don't usually take water in a 5k, but I did today.  The last part of the race was terrible.  It was 2+ laps on a gravel track that was just over a mile of the race.  It was a bad surface and no shade.  It was fun to get to see Nate and the kids while I was running through there.  I don't usually get to see them until the very end...it was encouraging to see them so much.  I ended up finishing with a PR for the second week in a row...my time was 25:32!  I was second in my age group which I am not disappointed with at all.  Two more 5k's this month and then a break through July to concentrate on marathon training! :)

waiting for momma to finish running

   waving to my favorite "fans"                                                  only 1 more lap to go! 

I might actually look like a runner!

my second place medal

1 comment:

mommadaisy said...

Jess! You look great! And your medal is awesome. Dad and I are so happy for you. Seems like all of your hard work is beginning to pay off. ;)